Beginner | 9 min
Present food with pizzaz at your next get-together with a beautiful, personalized serving tray. Lauren Marcinek from the Creativebug team shows you how to use the Glowforge to engrave on slate. You'll learn how to choose and upload a design, then how to adjust the correct settings on your machine. There's no need to be daunted by the tricky material as the Glowforge does all the hard work for you. The classic design of the tray fits in with any home, and the personalization makes for a thoughtful and unique gift.
Learn how to:
- Upload a design to the Glowforge
- Laser engrave on slate
- Assemble a decorative tray
- Easy-to-follow video lessons on how etch into slate with the Glowforge
- 2 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supply list
- Step-by-step instructions by Creativebug instructor Lauren Marcinek
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Computer or laptop
- Slate cheeseboard with handles
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other crafters who have recently taken this class.
Lila and Molly
Lowella Frauenfelder Brown