Intermediate | 21 min
Whip up a pair of cozy slippers in no time at all using bulky yarn and large knitting needles. Worked in a nubby Seed Stitch pattern, these slippers come together quickly and are topped off with a cute button accent. This satisfying project is great for beginning knitters who want to practice shaping and stitch patterns, as well as seasoned knitters who simply want a break from a bigger project.
Learn how to:
- Work Seed Stitch flat and in the Round
- Whipstitch heel closed
- Add a button
- Detailed lesson on creating a pair of slippers using a Seed Stitch pattern
- 2 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list and a downloadable PDF pattern ($8 value)
- Step-by-step expert instruction from Wendy Bernard
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:Yarn
- Red Heart Grande (78% acrylic, 22% Wool; 46 yards / 150 grams): 1 (2, 2) skeins
- Oatmeal or Wintergreen
- One set of straight or circular needles US Size 11 (8mm)
- One set double point needles (dpn) US Size 11 (8mm)
- Stitch marker (optional), tapestry needle, large-eyed sewing needle, two 1 3/8” buttons
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other crafters who have recently taken this class.
Lila and Molly