Home > All Classes > Sewing > AccessoriesSew a Christmas Stocking Using EZ Quilting Templates
Start Free Trial
Beginner | 23 min
Expert sewist and quilter Leslie Schucker demonstrates how hand-stitching and colorful details can make a sweet and simple holiday stocking for your mantle. The EZ Quilting Templates make cutting your fabric shapes a snap and no sewing machine is needed for assembly. Learn how to whip stitch fabric panels together, use an appliqué stitch to sew on colorful embellishments, and work the couching stitch to personalize your project with a yarn monogram.
What you'll get:
Learn how to:
- Hand sew a holiday stocking
- Cut fabric with EZ Quilting templates
- Whip stitch and applique stitch with wool felt
- Use a couching stitch to create a monogram
What you'll get:
- A video class on hand-sewing a Christmas stocking
- 6 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supply list and PDF template
- Step-by-step instructions by Leslie Schucker
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Wool felt in natural white
- Felt in Red, Teal, Aqua, Mint
- One yard chunky weight yarn in light aqua
- Buttons in coordinating colors
- Large red ric rack - about 9"
- DMC thread for hand stitching in Ivory 712, Red 817, Aqua 597, Teal 3809, Mint 993
- EZ Quilting Mini Dresden Template
- Hand-sewing needle
- Fabric scissors
- PDF template
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other crafters who have recently taken this class.