Intermediate | 15 min
This month’s block is gorgeous, graphic and quick to whip up. Textile designer and quilter Anna Maria Horner shows you how to bust your stash of scraps and create precise seams using foundation paper piecing. Learn how to create your own template, audition fabrics and balance light and dark tones.
Learn how to:
- Create a piecing template
- Create a paper-pieced foundation
- Audition scraps
- Piece together and trim block
- Remove paper
- Press seams
- Learn how to create your own template and precise seams from scraps
- 4 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supplies list
- Step-by-step expert instruction from designer Anna Maria Horner
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions, and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:Finished Measurements:
The Whippersnapper Block is 12 1/2" x 12 1/2"
- Light printed fabric scraps
- Medium to dark printed fabric scraps
- 1 dark solid fabric piece, approximately 13 1/2” x 7”
- 12 1/2” grid ruler
- Long grid ruler or straight edge
- Rotary cutter
- Cutting mat
- Tissue paper for pattern
- Sewing machine
- Neutral thread
- Straight pins
- Iron and ironing surface
Browse members' projects from this class, add them to your Favorites, and share your own work!
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other crafters who have recently taken this class.